Try Them All!
We’re passionate about delivering the highest-quality plant-based beverages around, and there are some important benefits that coconut provides over traditional cow’s milk and as well as other plant-based thirst quenchers. Coconuts are a great source of fiber, as well as many vitamins and minerals including Vitamins C, E, several B vitamins, iron, selenium, calcium, and magnesium. Additionally, Naturally Coconut provides a nut-free alternative for those worried about food allergies.
What is Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk is derived from the white flesh of mature, brown coconuts. This milk has a thick, rich consistency and a creamy, delicious texture.
The milk from coconuts is not to be confused with coconut water, the water that’s naturally found in immature, green coconuts. Coconut water occurs naturally within the fruit. Milk, on the other hand, is made from mixing the flesh of the fruit with water.
This type of milk has historically been most commonly used in Southeast Asia, India, Hawaii, South America, and Caribbean countries as this is where the bulk of the world’s coconuts come from. Today, however, coconut milk has become an increasingly popular dairy milk alternative all around the world.
How Is Coconut Milk Made?
This coconut milk comes in two different varieties, thick or thin. At Naturally Brand, our coconut milk is the thin style, but here’s a quick overview of the differences:
- Thick milk: This is made of solid coconut flesh that’s finely grated and then either boiled or simmered in water. The resulting mixture is then strained through a cheesecloth to produce thick, creamy milk that’s perfect for cooking.
- Thin milk: This is made from the thick version of the milk by taking the coconut remaining in the cheesecloth and simmering it in water. This straining process is then repeated to produce thin milk that’s more resembles the consistency of regular dairy milk.
In traditional cuisine, thick milk is used to make desserts and thick sauces whereas thin milk is used in soups, thin sauces, on cereal, in smoothies, etc. Most of the canned varieties you see at the store are a mixture of thin and thick milk.
What Are The Health Benefits?
Coconuts are touted as one of the healthiest foods on earth. Despite the fact that it’s high in fat, it’s full of healthy nutrients that promote a healthy body. In fact, it actually protects our bodies against heart disease and obesity.
Here are some of the top health benefits of coconut milk that you can enjoy by consuming Naturally Brand’s product:
- It can help boost your immune system: One of this milk’s most remarkable benefits lies in its ability to boost your immune function. Coconuts contain Lauric acid, a medium-chain fatty acid that has antimicrobial and anticancer properties. If you are someone who gets sick often, adding coconut milk to your diet may give you the boost that you need to keep your immune system strong and healthy.
- Improved mental clarity: If you’re struggling with brain fog, poor focus, and overall trouble with mental clarity, then coconut may be able to help boost your brain and be more focused and productive. This power food contains MCTs that help to fuel your brain and improve cognition. The fatty acids have the ability to increase the production of ketone bodies in your body which serve as a source of energy for your brain.
- Increased cardiovascular health: Researchers have found that those who consume coconut oil experienced a significant increase in good cholesterol. So, a diet balanced with the right nutrients and healthy fats like those found in coconut milk may actually work to keep your heart healthy and protect against cardiovascular problems.
- Helps to fight oxidative stress: Just one cup boasts an astonishing 87% of your daily recommended intake of manganese. This mineral plays a vital role in bone formation, growth, and development. As a dietary supplement, it’s used to treat anemia, osteoarthritis, premenstrual symptoms, and more.
- Fuel For your workouts: Milk made from coconuts and coconut water are both popular amongst the fitness community. Both of these beverages provide significant doses of essential nutrients that can help to support athletic performance and post-workout recovery. In fact, some even refer to coconut water as nature’s Gatorade.
How to Enjoy
Since this milk is vegan, lactose-free, and contains no allergens it’s a great alternative to traditional dairy products and fits well within any dietary restrictions and guidelines.
It can be used for everything from cereal and oatmeals to coffee creamer and recipe making. Anywhere that you would traditionally use dairy milk, you can replace it with a coconut option instead. We often see this milk used in protein shakes, coffee drinks, yogurts, ice cream, pancakes, and more.
Try All Our Great Flavors!